Monday, January 4, 2010

Alyosha, O(r)chre, and more



Sho, Take, and Masa of Alyosha left Portland this rainy morning after an eventful two week stay in America. In that time, we completed the recording of an upcoming EP/demo, played a New Years Eve show that ended prematurely with a bloody finale outside (luckily I, or none of Alyosha was involved), and indulged in the many delights of Mexican, Moroccan, Italian, and American cuisine. It was a great time and I can't wait to be reunited with them in just a little over two months. I know they had a great time and I'm glad everyone they met loved them and treated them so well.

So what has happened in America between August until now? My old band, Ochre, had a reformation of sorts and have begun preparations to record in February. It'll be a full length of almost entirely new material written within the past 6 months or so. There'll be more updates on that as it progresses.

As March draws near, I am eagerly anticipating my return to Tokyo. I'm sure this time around there'll be many more reasons not to neglect this Journal as I have in the past months.

Look forward to it!

No comments: