Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Battle Begins!

My study abroad adviser interviewed me today. Just a couple more materials to be sent off to CIEE, and we'll see if I get accepted into Sophia University's program for the next academic year. The whole situation is making me really excited!

Although, on the way to turning in my study abroad materials, a car tried to run a red light right as I was crossing the crosswalk. I kind of made a "what the fuck?" look to the driver and motioned towards the obvious red light above my head. Regardless, when I was out of the way, the driver continued to run the red light. I'd rather not get smashed by a car before I even get the chance to study abroad. What's even weirder, as I was walking away from the campus after turning in my materials, another car ran a red light at a cross walk that I was simultaneously crossing. And when I came to another crosswalk on a different block I became a little more apprehensive, which was good, because this time a car came in relatively fast and stopped over the crosswalk line right where I would've stepped out. This is no time for any attempts on my life! Dear Mr. Assassin, would you mind purging me on a date that is after July 2009? I'd like to spend a year in Japan before my life comes to its bitter end!

With that said, I'm going to be extra careful around things that may paralyze/kill me from the time between now and when I ship off to Tokyo. Regardless, words cannot explain this feeling of excitement inside, as I soon find out whether or not I will be spending the 2008-2009 academic year in Japan!

No comments: